Walled Lake, MI 48390
Phone: (248) 956-2000
Walled Lake Consolidated Schools is committed to creating a safe and inclusive culture and community where we:
- Prioritize instruction
- Foster meaningful relationships
- Value and empower each learner
- Create growth opportunities for all
Walled Lake Consolidated Schools has distinguished itself as being on the "cutting edge" instructionally and technologically. Significant gains in student achievement, continued implementation of state-of-the-art technology, staff commitment, and supportive and involved parents and community members keep Walled Lake Consolidated Schools in its leadership role.
We are proud of our three comprehensive high schools in which an increased number of high school students take advanced placement classes and tests, and our test scores continue to exceed state and county averages.
We know our parents and community members’ involvement in our schools makes a difference. Our PTSA Council annually hosts the largest Reflections program ever with record numbers of students participating and many students receiving state recognition annually.
Skyward Family Access, a powerful parent/school communication tool; Illuminate, a data analysis program for staff; and other technology-based systems have been institutionalized in Walled Lake Consolidated Schools. “Spice It Up,” an annual technology conference with multiple sessions, is attended by hundreds of our educators and this event provides a venue for staff members to be leaders in the use of technology in the classroom.
As it has been for the past 20 years, the majority of funding for Walled Lake Consolidated Schools comes from the state, based on the number of students we are serving. Despite having to make millions of dollars in reductions in recent years, Walled Lake Consolidated Schools and its students enjoy many successes.
The Walled Lake Schools’ community:
- Supports its 20 schools. For five consecutive elections (2012, 2013, 2014, 2019, 2022), the community supported local funding for Walled Lake Consolidated Schools, including a $316 million bond for Building, Infrastructure & Equity initiatives.
- Walks the talk with 80 percent of our staff earning advanced degrees.
- Boasts the three award-winning high school marching bands that annually rank as the best in the state and nation. The Walled Lake Central band participated in the Macy’s Day Parade in New York City on Thanksgiving Day, while the Walled Lake Northern band participated in the New Year's Day Parade in London, England. In 2020 both Central & Northern performed at Disney World in Florida.
- Communicates with parents on a daily basis via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube), as well as sends weekly parent updates.
- Shares our resources with the entire community. The district hosts a “Pink Out” football game each year to support those battling all cancers, which raises thousands of dollars each year. Our schools also help local food banks, Hospitality House, and more than 20 charities including the Salvation Army Bed & Bread Club, the Muscular Dystrophy Association, the Ronald McDonald House of Detroit, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, St. Baldrick’s, the American Heart Association, and others.
These are only the highlights. Our students and staff earn many scholarships, awards, accolades, and milestones.
For more information, please contact any of our schools or our Community Relations team at (248) 956-2018.